21 funny Cinco De Mayo memes that will leave you in splits

Cinco De Mayo 2023 falls on Friday, May 5, this year and people across the United States are getting ready for the holiday with tacos, tequilas, and funny memes. Cinco De Mayo is one of the most famous Mexican holidays. Over the past few years, it has become widely popular in the United States, so

Cinco De Mayo 2023 falls on Friday, May 5, this year and people across the United States are getting ready for the holiday with tacos, tequilas, and funny memes.

Cinco De Mayo is one of the most famous Mexican holidays. Over the past few years, it has become widely popular in the United States, so much so that there’s an ongoing joke on the internet that the May 5th holiday is celebrated more in the United States than in Mexico itself.

The Spanish phrase Cinco De Mayo translates to Fifth of May in English. While the holiday has become synonymous with enjoying Mexican food and drinks as well as their culture in the US, it has a special place in Mexico’s history.

On May 5, 1862, the Mexican army defeated the French in the Battle of Puebla in the then-ongoing Franco-Mexican War. While it is a relatively minor holiday in Mexico, it’s a big one in the US thanks to the large Mexican population.

For Americans, the holiday marks the celebration of Mexican culture, heritage as well as the Mexican-American diaspora.

21 funny Cinco De Mayo memes

Is Cinco De Mayo actually St Patrick’s Day?

Hope your Cinco De Mayo isn’t ruff!

Cinco De Mayo memes for moms

Support all drinking holidays!

When Cinco De Mayo and Revenge of the Fifth collide!

It’s Drinko de Mayo!

Brock Lesner every day vs on Cinco De Mayo

The famous Sink of the Mayo meme.

When you get too wasted!

Cinco De Mayo flashbacks hit hard!

Let’s drink in moderation!

Cinco De Mayo meme but Ned Stark edition.

When you love tacos too much!

Private celebrations are the best!

I’m something of a Mexican myself.

Me and my friends on Cinco De Mayo 2023

When Cinco De Mayo gives you an excuse to drink!

How non Spanish speakers be like on Cinco De Mayo!

Deliver or the liver?

When Americans are more thrilled about Cinco De Mayo than Mexicans!

When you know nothing about culture!